The municipal authorities of spa and health resorts are charging a visitor's tax. The visitors tax is a fixed and earmarked contribution which is applied to provide for and maintain facilities for spa purposes such as recreational and sports facilities, hiking trails, ski runs as well as various other local facilities.
For each person and night the city charges 3 EUR. Children up to 5 years of age are exempt from the tax. Children from 6 up to 15 years of age pay 1 EUR per day. The visitor´s card (a kind of voucher) will be handed out to you upon arrival by the proprietor or hotel staff. It is not transferable and it is only valid for the duration of the registered stay.
Enjoy the following highlights with your personal GaPaCard, yours free of charge to use during your stay in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- free utilization of the municipal bus service,
- free utilization of the “Gästebus Bayern-Tirol” - bus between Ehrwald-Grainau-Garmisch-and return,
- free utilization of the regional bus service RVO - red busses, line 9606 Oberammergau to Wieskirche/Steingaden, 9608 Mittenwald/Kochel, 9622 Linderhof
- free entrance to all concerts of "Musik im Park",
- partially free or reduced participation fee for our health program of Garmisch-Partenkirchen Tourism,
- free card for library books in Garmisch and in Partenkirchen,
- 1x free entrance in the Alpspitz-Wellenbad (wave pool),
- 1x free entrance in the Casino Garmisch-Partenkirchen (passport necessary) + 1 glass of champagne for free.
In addition, we offer you a discount on the entrance fees to the following attractions
- Partnach Gorge
- guided tours through town with certified guides
- guided tours to the top of the ski-jump (in German language only)
- summer toboggan run near Kainzenbad (if you purchase a multiple ride ticket)
- rope mountaineering park at the Wank cable car station, flying fox at the Olympic ski stadium
- indoor tennis court at the Hausberg
- Museum Aschenbrenner
- Werdenfels Museum
- Partenkirchner Bauerntheater
- Kulturbeutel e. V. in theatre U1
- Laber cable car/ Oberammergau
- open air museum of Glentleiten
- Alpentherme Ehrenberg
- guided tours at historic bobsleigh run near lake Riessersee
- Swarovski Kristallwelten/Wattens
- Kristall trimini Kochel am See
- Land- und Golfclub Werdenfels e.V.
- Wildkaffee guided tours through a roasting facility
Since December 1st, 2015, those hosts in Garmisch-Partenkirchen who participate in the online registration system can issue this GaPaCard with all its benefits. If your host not yet takes part in the online registration you will receive the visitor's card which includes numerous attractive benefits, too. You can find more detailed information in the left info box.