Getting to Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Start your holiday quickly, easily and conveniently
You’re already giddy with excitement. Your eagerly anticipated holiday in Garmisch-Partenkirchen is only a few days away. Pleasant climate, beautiful experiences and new inspiration await. These are the best prerequisites for leaving your everyday worries behind. Now you just need to get here, one way or another. Whether you decide to travel with your own car, by bus, train or plane – many paths lead to the Olympia site of Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
Arrival by car
Coming from the North
- Coming from the North, take the A95 federal motorway all the way to its end. Then follow the B2 to St.-Martin-Straße in Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
- If you’re driving down the A7, continue to its end. It automatically leads you onto the B179. Take exit B187 towards Garmisch/Ehrwald/Lermoos. Then the B23 leads you to Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
- Driving down the A8 in the direction of Augsburg, take the B17 via Landsberg am Lech and then the B23. The B2 then takes you into the town centre of your holiday destination.
Coming from the South
- Coming from the South, take the E533 and then the B2 all the way to Garmisch-Partenkirchen (Mittenwald – Klais – Kaltenbrunn – Garmisch – Partenkirchen).
- Another option to get to Garmisch-Partenkirchen is via the A12 Inntal motorway.
Dein Weg nach Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Journey to Garmisch-Partenkirchen by bus and train
You’d like to commence your well-deserved holiday completely stress-free? How about taking the train to Garmisch-Partenkirchen? Hop on at your “home base” train station and let the train take you right to the town’s centre.
Tip: On weekends, German Railways offers direct Intercity Express connections between Garmisch-Partenkirchen and the cities of Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne, Frankfurt and Nuremberg. A regional train takes visitors from Munich to the resort in the Bavarian Alps at an hourly interval.
Travelling to the Bavarian holiday resort by plane
The holiday paradise of Garmisch-Partenkirchen is thousands of kilometres away? Then just take the plane! Select one of the nearest airports – Munich or Innsbruck – and book your flight! From there, you can take the bus or train to Garmisch-Partenkirchen.